6.02.2010

Our wedding (details!)

We were inspired by the venue's existing decor and minimizing extravagant wedding expenditure.

We wanted loads of things to be handmade.  
Hmmmm...I should do some posts on the things we made, huh?
bouquets carried by the bridal party pulled together various fabric scraps, mercury glass christmas  ornaments, pearly buttons, yummy yellow ribbon, and mini porcelain origami cranes.  
most items were pre-owned and gathered from around the house.

We brought the personalized gifts we received from so many thoughtful friends to sprinkle around the wedding. If we purchased things for decor, we wanted to make sure we could use transfer those items into our home, post-wedding. In one way or another, everything will be reused.

 sock giraffe and eye chart from Jo.
fun art collage from Marissa and Brook.
jeweled giraffe from Kerensa.

plan is to convert the large blue jars into a big project once we live in a "grownup place".
smaller mason jars will help us learn how to preserve stuff this winter.

 our cake toppers are actually salt & pepper shakers that will look oh-so-chic on a dinner table. 

how will I be able to pick ONE re- purpose for this fab frame??

We wanted to focus on things we love: good photography, yummy food, drunk friends, and a casual/family atmosphere.

i worked with the caterer to surprise Jamie with some gourmet popcorn.
he's a complete sucker for popcorn.

family-style dining and shared menus on clipboards "forced" guests to share!
we really wanted our guests to get to know each other. :)

Most importantly, we wanted folks to feel comfortable and at home.

 Mission....accomplished?

-all photos from markbrooke.com

8 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I love so many things about your wedding but I think my fav are those flowers!! Gorgeous!! Please have a tutorial on how you did them. Second place is definitely that cake topper. Love it!

jen said...

soooooo perfect. mission ACCOMPLISHED!



i like our pic with the frame :).

debi g said...

heck yeah mission accomplished! i love the flowers.

Unknown said...

You are so freakin' creative! I think you should keep the drink menu in the blue frame, and make those drinks your "house" drinks. I'll have a Hudson please!

Unknown said...

i LOVE the blue frame... where the heck is that from?!?!?

and obviously, i love the BALL jars.

and i love the candle holder thingies that are shown beside your cake... awesomeness!

Sarah said...

hahaha love the photo of jamie with the girls. hahahaha.

Leslie said...

@katie - consider the flower post done...just for you. :)

@jengreen - wouldn't it be a great one to frame? haha.

@debs - thanks!

@holly - the torahgami was surprisingly the one we ran out of and the one most guests went back for! unpredictably delish!

@katherine - frame is from homegoods (?), candleholders are from costplus (they come in 3 heights)

@sarah - i know, isn't it hilarious??

Heirloom-LA said...

Hi Leslie! This is Tara from heirloom LA. I can't believe I couldn't work your wedding (I was doing another party) b/c it looks sooooo FABULOUS!!! Matt told me all about it but to see some of the pictures is just stunning!!! Matt told me that you were really creative, but... stand back!!! Amazing job, truly and sincerely. LOVE the flowers, I can't even stand how much I LOVE THEM!!!! Happy Marriage to you both, and I look forward to meeting you in the future!