7.03.2013

Week by Week: 34th

(Real Time = I hit 37 weeks yesterday. Playing blog catch-up!)

Had an appointment and asked for an ultrasound to identify the baby's position (head down!) so I could officially figure out what was jabbing me where. Turns out, I have zero intuition and it is in the completely opposite position of what I had hypothesized. Back is where I thought feet were, feet and hands are where I thought spine was, the butt is in the opposite quadrant, and head down? Huh! Who knew. It doesn't feel like there's much room in there for it to do too much shifting so the movement feels more restricted now, but the rolling feeling is pretty consistent and the rhythmic hiccuping can still make me laugh. I keep saying its specializing in a Jumping Jack Flash position, but people keep telling me that's impossible. Whatever. That's what it feels like some times.

Fresh fruit is here! Summer!

Everything is still measuring fine and after four night of just awful sleep, something shifted and I was able to secure two solid nights in a row. Amazing how that can change everything! For those four days, I kept saying that I was done and the novelty has worn off and that I was just plain over being pregnant. Feeling much more ok with the impending wait after just two more restful nights. Although....I keep reading that delivering any time between 37 and 42 weeks is considered fine so I could have less than 3weeks to wait? Fingers crossed. (whyyy do i keep jinxing it? its totally going to stay in until August the way I keep throwing around July 2nd as the 37 week mark. ugh)

Jamie went to a qualifying game for the FIFA World Cup (i think that's right) where the US team played and beat Panama:
From R-L: Jamie, Dean Hudson, John Boomgard

I took Alice and her mom to Whole Foods and other errands:
5 weeks old!
Her mom only has one more week of activity restriction & it's been so nice to get real-life practice.
gave 1/2 of the batch away, but next time it's going to go in the freezer to save up for post-birth snacking.
 Took a infant magic class:

 Just kidding, it was infant/child CPR:

And started to feel supremely huge:

4 comments:

lauren and brad said...

you are a beautiful pregnant lady.

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

you are so cute!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

I was just thinking the other day..."in real time, has Leslie had that baby yet?! And what if she has and she doesn't want to mess the line up so instead of showing the baby she is still just going in chronological order?" And I had to go back to your blog and see :) Phew...glad I was wrong ;) Thinking of you these last few weeks! Can't wait to see the precious little face soon!

Leslie said...

lauren and catherine, you're too kind.
and katie, keep thinking easy labor thoughts for me!!