6.16.2013

Week by Week: 33rd

Summer in Seattle is so wacky! We're so far north latitudinally that, while it's no Alaska, the amount of daylight during these months is kind of insane. I've had many sleepless nights this week so I've been able to watch a very bright ambient light make its way back into the sky by 2:45am after not having really left until well after 9:45pm. Not many very dark hours and I definitely prefer a Seattle summer day over the winter dark months.

9:30pm on 6/10/13
I love that this is smackdab in the middle of our living room. Makes me grin everyday:
I think Hudson keeps going into the teepee, looking for kids to lick.
Took 4 week old Alice and her mom to opening day of our local farmers' market.
They live a block away and Alice, I assume, will be our baby's first friend.
We spent the weekend in a two-day childbirth class where we learned a bunch, reviewed other things with which we were already familiar, and we met a nice group of soon-to-be parents with similar due dates. Jamie volunteered for one of the activities:
It clearly made all the sense in the world to him.
No confusion at all.
While they had plenty of water and a few mini granola bars, there was no other food for the classes that ran from 9:30am - 1:45pm. Imagine that. A group of pregnant ladies trying to keep their cool on the first day without enough snacks. Ok, so maybe some of them came prepared with bags of granola, fruit, and sandwiches, but this lady did not. I was ravenous by the time we got out of there the first day and subsequently made this decision at the closest restaurant we could find after we were dismissed:
Sweet white corn, havarti & herb scramble,
hash browns and an English muffin,
with a bowl of "kick butt" chili @ geraldine's counter.
I was so starving, I don't even remember what Jamie ordered.
I ended up bringing half of it home after all, but I could have sworn to be able to inhale it entirely on my own.
:)
Our friends over at twopeasandtheirpod had gifted us a night at a local hotel; a one bedroom suite complete with two full bathrooms (I kept wondering why there were so many showers in the one room - shower races?) so we had a nice staycation in between classes. Hudson was able to come with us and it's located above the Whole Foods right across the street from Sarah Lyman's place. Needless to say, super local. We requested a surplus of pillows (phew - how many more times can I mention that I like a lot of pillows on this blog?) and I took an amazing bath before enjoying a tiramisu cake with Jamie, straight out of the Whole Foods container. Splendid.

So. Many. Circles.
My belly started to look ROUND this weekend and on Monday,
started to grow out the sides instead of just out front like it has been.
I'm a little unnerved by the shift.
Having just walked in from the farmers' market.
Hence the pack of strawberries in my hand.
I forgot to bring a bag with me.

1 comment:

ali. said...

You look marvelous!