I started week 32 with a whole lot of sleeping, resting, and keeping my feet up while recovering from running around the entire city of Chicago. We stayed up past midnight most nights we were there and got up early to maximize our time in the windy city and I was just plain wiped. I think it was on Friday that I had just a downright uncomfortable day. No position was working (sitting, standing, laying down, left side, right side, nothing) and I felt whiney and miserable for most of the day. Jamie got home early from work and started a cleaning rampage, but posed it as a, "oh, you poor thing, just sit there and relax and I'll make the place look perfect for you." No suspicions raised at all.
I think he even mentioned something about wanting the place to look nice for me for the weekend so I wouldn't have to worry about and we could just have fun. How did I not become suspicious about that? I mean, while I'm lucky enough to live with someone who carries his own weight with household responsibilities, he voluntarily vacuumed, dusted, did dishes, finished the laundry I had started, cleaned bathrooms...no suspicions? I must have been delirious to not recognize that something was up.
Week 32 also included a lot of baby time:
 |
| Jamie with Graham. |
 |
| Jen and Maddy in a teepee. |
 |
| Watching babies practice getting up. |
 |
Controlling the WWF atmosphere. WWF is about wrestling, right? Not just the world wildlife foundation? Although, I guess that'd apply here, too. |
 |
| Graham. |
 |
| Henry, Momma Jen, and Maddy. |
The day after the shower (Sunday) I woke up to friends laughing and clanging things around in the kitchen and babies squealing...it was delightful. We sent Devon and Tara on a run along
the scenic walking path I enjoy, but I think those champs did like 3-17 rotations through it. I used
MapMyRun to send the route to their smartphones and they were able to use it to navigate the neighborhood without me having to personally take them through it first - technology, amazing. Also, have I mentioned that they are total champs for getting up and running like 72 miles? Champs.
 |
The rest of us took a little walk and met up with Tara post-run for brunch.
Devon took a scenic detour before she was able to meet us.
Wait, check out Maddy pointing at Graham accusatorially - that's totally the face of a girl with an older brother. |
 |
| Maddy looked so lonely here, but also so grown up. |
 |
Running into friends in our neighborhood.
Maggie and Gauthier (T'11s) had their daughter (alice) 4 weeks prior and live a block away!
Maggie was the only person I didn't get a picture of at the shower. |
Once our bellies were full and we gathered all of our belongings back at home (strollers, diaper bags, sweatshirts, etc.), we took two carloads downtown to do some Seattle-y things.
 |
| We reunited with Ali & Henry downtown and got to hang with them for the afternoon. |
 |
| Took the girls (and jamie and babies) down to Pike Place. |
 |
| "are those raspberries?" |
 |
| Jamie tried to operate Jen's itty bitty camera. |
 |
| To take this photo. |
 |
| YAY! Friends! In the market! |
 |
| Crabs; a Pacific Northwest specialty. |
We then went to the base of the Space Needle and lazed about in the shade:
 |
| Berries, crackers, and a bunch of running around in the grass. |
 |
| Hanging. |
That's when I had to take these girls to the airport. :(
 |
| Jen, come back! |
 |
| Tara, I'll map more runs for you! Come back! |
And Sarah took Ali & Henry to the airport a little bit later:
 |
| Hen, you'd be SO comfy here in Seattle. Move here! |
I have zero recollection of what we did Sunday night. This might have been the night that Amanda and I stayed up chatting while Devon had to get some work done?
On Monday, Jamie headed over to work while dev, amanda, graham and I spent the morning playing around the house, gabbing. Once we got ourselves somewhat together, I took them out to the easy-to-walk around neighborhood of Ballard, aiming toward
Hot Cakes (omg, hot cakes, mmmmm), which was unfortunately closed until after Amanda's flight that afternoon. Booo. We did some window shopping and grabbed some customize-your-own macaroni and cheese at
Bitterroot - a bbq place where I have never ordered anything but mac & cheese.
 |
| graham just kicking back and snoozing around the girls. |
Another airport run to drop Amanda off for her connecting flight back to Canada and then back home to drop Graham off with Jamie before meeting Sarah Lyman for an al fresco dinner at
The Whale Wins. Oh, the Whale Wins! Ingredients from local beaches, gardens, and farms thrown together so simply, but deliciously and the space - oh, the space - it's one of my top restaurants in Seattle.
"Piles of delicious, ripe, seasonal vegetables, wood oven fired meats and fish, and pickled treats--favorites from my childhood and my travels--will be displayed in abundance and served to share in a bright, beautiful setting" chef Renee Erickson explains.
 |
A perfect spot for three ladies to kick back, gab, sip wine, and enjoy the rare, warm Seattle afternoon. The sun set behind us. |
We ended up back over at Hot Cakes to pick up some late night cookies, molten chocolate cakes in mason jars to bake at home, and to show dev how cute the place is. Then back home to check in on these crazy kids:
 |
I think they had fun together. Don't know when Jamie has ever watched a baby by himself, but I think he handled it like a champ! |
On Tues, I got some last snuggle time with my buddy before having to take him and his awesome momma back to the airport for their morning flight home to Chicago. Sad Face. Miss them. Want them to come back asap.
 |
| One of Maddy's toys in his mouth, using his auntie leslie's gut as a cushion. |
Real time: Today I'm halfway between 34 & 35 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment