4.29.2011

In honor of the Royal Wedding.

 Almost a year ago, we did some wedding related celebrations of our own in London (honeymoon).

Our hotel and home for 2 weeks was right in Trafalgar Square.
NBC's Today Show's home this week.


We were not aware that in ~1year, NBC's Matt Lauer would be camped out here,
wondering about what knickers a future princess would wear to her wedding.

Trinket market was gorgeously hardcore...I wanted it all.
I neeeed it, Jamie.

Lovely.
I'd bet these were replaced with throngs of paparazzi.

 Hopefully Kate and William had better photographers than us.
(snippet of Tower of London behind our big heads)

But I bet their photographers wouldn't take "intricate sword photos" (read: crotch shots) of the guards.
Maybe they'd charge extra....I just talked my way through it.
"don't worry, guard, i'm not taking a shot of your crotch, just your fancy/shiny belt...promise!!
oops....no need for alarm, i'm just gonna take a few more....aw, man....the flash was too strong on that one.....shoot, i'm going to be here awhile...."

awkward.

And by today, England will surely have sprung for more consistent uniforming of their guards.

And more training of guard-horses to head-butt.

Everyday at 11:30am, this happened:
Right into Buckingham Palace.
Turns out, the exact opposite path the wedding procession made this morning.

These guards did a fancy routine in there.
What did Kate & W do? Just wave?
Sheesh.


Watching the hoopla transpire over the last week, I starting to think someone ought to schedule a royal-wedding-intervention for the Today Show. "Matt, Meredith, Al...we're here because we love you."
But it's nice of them to showcase our honeymoon location with such vigor!

maybe we can sneak in this way and stick around for a year.
wedding crashers...yes!

2 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPeGDQVRy4

Holly said...

I like how the post is titled "California" and it is full of London pics! Awesome.