~this is what we did for easter last year~
After getting stuck in some ridiculous traffic getting out of SF, we pulled up to the Lymans in Sacramento just as the egg hunt was taking off. Without a word to Jamie, I leapt out of the car, started knocking people over, and stuffed many a plastic egg into my sweatshirt.....he wasn't even done parking. But I had done my prep work. I was instructed to come in workout clothes (no heels, people) and knew in advance to take this hunt more seriously than anything else in my life.
(aw, man. her photos aren't showing up.)
Mwahahaha....mine, all mine!
I clearly didn't have enough wherewithall to take photos of the actual hunt. From what I can remember, 300 people show up to a pretty house in Sacramento and go cannibalistic on 7 million plastic eggs, each filled with at least one quarter. There are a handful of littler ones, but it seems to be more of a 15 and up crowd. Some years some folks fall into the pool and from what I can see on Facebook, someone might have had to go to the ER this morning (hope they're ok)?
It's awesome.
(not the ER part)
Step away from my loot, kid.
These photos are from post-hunt while everyone is in the throes of counting, calculating, and putting away the eggs for the next year. Meanwhile, a few stragglers are outside; climbing the rain gutters, scraping their faces in the rose bushes, and crawling through mud puddles to search for every last egg.
I've never seen anything like it.
TUBS of eggs.
Betsey runs an efficient ship.
Betsey runs an efficient ship.
This was mid-filling. Each one is filled to the brim.
How many eggs, slyman?
"No, seriously. Step away from my money, kid."
note: guy in the background,
just "checking" to see if any of the empty eggs had remaining loot.
also note: rolls of quarters next to sarah's right leg.
also note: rolls of quarters next to sarah's right leg.
Man, I wish I remembered what they were consulting about (dad + daughter)....
i think it was something humorous like, social evaluation of hunt strategy or something.
Drinks!
Don't get me started on the food.
I was too busy hardcore gorging to take photos.
Ridiculously cute things abound.
That's Sarah's either new or about-to-be-new sister-in-law, natalie.
It's about to get uber-cute.
-in-
-3-
-2-
-1-
spontaneous hugging!
These girls would just randomly hug each other. All day.
Stinkin' cute.
I warned you.
Freaktastically gorgeous tablescape.
TWO long tables of this grandeur.
adorbs!
Jewish kid on a sugar high.
It was Jamie's first Easter egg hunt and meal! Talk about setting the standard high.
I'm trying to teach out of my new book "Tips for Life".
Sarah is having none of it.
Thank you so much for hosting us last year, Slyman. We were ecstatic to meet all the fun, loved ones in your family and hope that you guys had another amazing Easter this year. Thank you for including us in your family toasts (seriously?) and for our personalized baskets (omg, really?). It's definitely an experience to remember.
xo,
the kanters.
p.s. Happy Easter to everyone else too!
p.p.s. Dev, did you get to do Easter Lasagna this year?
----------------------------------------
{previous easter seasons}
2005 Easter with Ali (getting married in 7 days!)
2006 = blank.
2009 Pass/Easter at home + michelemullis
2010 Easter = you just read about it in this post, silly








4 comments:
i wanna be cool enough to join in the slyman's easter egg hunt one year. the stories always sound so fun!
i always think of the lymans at easter. last week i was even telling my boss about their easter egg hunt. hands down best way to spend easter is at the lyman abode, where easter love (and quarters) abound!
awww thanks guys. this year was lots of fun but we missed all of you. i guess i'll have to get my act together and post a few of the photos from this year. not surprisingly all the kids are a year older and even cuter.
oh and mad props on getting mom's name spelled right. we have family that don't get it right!
Post a Comment