V.hodgepodge post? Coming right up!
I was back in Hawaii last week. Flew into Maui on Monday, hit up Honolulu, flew back home on Friday. Total whirlwind, even more than last time, as I had my boss with me all week and it was like 10 degrees warmer and 75% more humid than in August! I didn't know my fingernails had sweatglands, but oh, there they were. Gross, huh? Fine while rocking a tankini and sarong and flipflops, terrible when trying to business dress and non-frizzy hair.

that's a humuhumu nukunuku apua'a.
it's Hawaii's state fish.
TSA has figured out a theoretical time saver for travelers. They've begun a pilot to create separate lines for the business/frequent travelers vs those on vacation with the family or needing special assistance. PURE BRILLIANCE. Although it leaves much room for interpretation, I am SUCH a fan of this new system that allows me to fully utilize my much practiced methods of rapidly getting through security checkpoints. Especially because I get pretty cocky about cutting it close to boarding time, tend to run late by nature, and never account for enough time to wait patiently behind someone who didn't know they had to throw away their 96oz BigGulp before getting through the scanners. I can wait, but never patiently.
Randomly watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall upon return over the weekend. It was filmed on the north shore of Hawaii and reminded me of my week at work! Totally brain-pulverizingly funny stuff in this film. Just about died laughing and was the perfect way to transition back to mainland life.that's a humuhumu nukunuku apua'a.
it's Hawaii's state fish.
5 comments:
i want one of those "expert traveler" signs. you are totally a black diamond level traveler!
chicago midway airport implemented the new security line system in may ("family and special assistance," "casual traveler," and "expert traveler").
most triumphant travel moment: when i walked up through the casual traveler lane with my license ready, laptop already removed from case, and my single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic baggie containing my assorted liquids and gels in three-ounce or smaller containers already removed from suitcase ... and the lady told i could go in the expert lane.
yep, i felt super cool.
ahem, are you blogging during your vaca? :) man, i need to get in those black diamond lines.
While i don't travel for work often i totally feel i should be able to use the line. Maybe I should always go to the airport in a suit. Thoughts?
hahahah humuhumu nukunuku apua'a!!! we were obseeesssseed with this!!! i'm so jeal that you're there. btw, i need costume ideas for halloween. there are 5 of us girls... or maybe 4. any ideas?
Post a Comment