be prepared and don't say i didn't warn you.
Guess where we ended up a few weeks ago? You got it...DISNEYLAND. Those of you who have watched tv, read a magazine, or even seen a fancy billboard with me, will know that I have a pea-size brain that is so incredibly prone to marketing techniques. Literally, will buy a candy bar if it says "new" on it just because I NEED to try it. "gosh darn it...new...really...must have...NOW." So, when I saw one of those "hey, disneyland's all halloweened out again this year" commercials, I desperately needed to get to the park.
Mind you, I was BORN in anaheim and all the while we lived in orange county, we could hear the disneyland fireworks go off every night. What is it, like 12 minutes away from our parents, dev? I used to be an annual pass member, we paraded through the park every year in high school, and while traveling the world post-Disney, I find myself referring to real-life sceneries as certain parts of the park. Downtown seattle and pike place market? "ooh, that looks like main street" Hiking through a national park in New Zealand? "wow, it feels like big thunder mountain around here"
Ya...sad.
It was the perfect time of year to get to the park. Still v.warm, basically zero lines, and we were able to get to the food stuffs v.rapidly. The only time we really saw a swarm of people was at the v.end of the day when the park started emptying out! Disneyland seemed much smaller to me this time around. When we first walked in, I kept insisting to Jamie that they must have moved the Matterhorn closer and shrunk Cinderella's castle. But no, I literally think it was the lack of people and the rapidity in which we were able to reach our destination. Toontown to the TikiRoom in 5 minutes flat. Amazing! Totally schedule all your Disney trips during the off-season. Definitely worth the days away from school!! :)
5 comments:
i've never had the opportunity to do disneyland, but i do love disneyworld :) i really really want to go back soon...space mountain is my favorite. i love epcot too.
i think yellowstone looks like something disney should have in their parks.
off season is so the way to go. back when we were pass holders (man, that just made me a bit sad) we would always go off season unless we had guests. there is NEVER a line and way more fun. can't wait to go back...
brad and i were just talking last night that we're due for a disneyland trip. I have been about 20x (which for a canadian is pretty good!) - it's like my second home. Agreed that off season is the way to go, as long as the fireworks are on. They tweaked space mountain a few years ago - it really is faster than you remember :)
i;ve never been :(
cameron used to live real close too, maybe he should take me.
Post a Comment