WEEK TWO
Aug 3 - Aug 9
We spent a lot of this week in bed together. We worked on nursing and bonding and getting to know one another. I probably spent every waking minute staring at you (speaking of waking minutes = I reduced the amount of them this week by taking continuing to take one nap during the day with you). Your dad was running around, making sure we had enough groceries, ensuring that Hudson was happy, and that we got out of the house at least once a day.
| tufts of spiky hair. |
| Your first play date with Alice and Maggie. |
| your size difference was remarkable. she's only 3.5 months older than you! you still have a little dented head here from my attempts at naturally birthing you...weird. |
| Going on our daily walk around the block. It's about as far as I could go at this point. A really slow meander around the block. |
| Tickets to the gun show. |
| your dad is a burping pro. |
| you like him. |
You went back to the pediatrician's office on Monday, a week after we left the hospital, for them to check your weight gain over the weekend. Wahoo! 3oz in 3days = right on track with the 1oz/day they like to see. I was able to toss the supplemental nursing tools to the back of the closet; good riddance, I say.
| phantom hand! |
| still a fan of the swaddle. have a feeling we'll be doing this for awhile. |
| lots of hours napping. |
| oh, hey! you're up! showing scale of your face. size of my palm. |
Don't worry, we had a bunch of visitors and outings as well. The three of us tried a trip to Target this week and it was comically DISASTROUS. Your dad and I split the list, but while I was pushing you around in the stroller (before I fully read the discharge instructions and realized I wasn't supposed to push more than 10lbs...whoops), you had a total meltdown. It was the first, of what I just have to assume will not be your only, and made me break out into a cold, nervous sweat. We ended up having no idea what we purchased, throwing everything and anything into the cart, and running out of there. Thank goodness for their return policy! And for the learning experience. We settled you down in time to drive home (via our favorite pie shoppe - this endeavor deserved pie) & kind of cracked up at our new life the entire way back.
![]() |
| this is a crazy photo of us, but you tried to suck on my nose and i freaked out with happiness. |

6 comments:
So itty bitty! Love that Jamies hand covers her whole body and love that head cocked to the side in a swaddle! We swaddled liv for like 9 months. She loved it and i did too. Now she sleeps with the blanket evrey night that we used to swaddle her in :)
so tiny on the bed! love the wrap... it looks familiar (ahem ali)! adam lived in the swaddle, dylan not so much. i wish i could still swaddle adam. ha. and sheesh girl, TAKE IT EASY!
I love love love her. These pics are so fun to see. And could Jamie be any cuter as a daddy-o? I think not.
ohhhhh i love every single one of the pics!!! she couldn't be any more adorable! and neither could jamie and her and the pics of you and her.... i knew you guys would be awesome parents! btw, that last pic of you two is ridiculously cute.
Ohhhhhhhmygoodness!! How cute is SHE?!?!? Catching up on your blog now that I'm home - the pics of Jamie burping brought tears to my eyes. Just so HAPPY for you guys... she's lovely! :)
i love how the photos kind of alternate between sleeping and awakeness, just like a newborn!
Post a Comment