(Real Time = I hit 37 weeks on Tuesday. Playing blog catch-up!)
| the pretty bachelorette. |
| there were about 8 more people that joined us after this photo. have no idea what jamie's doing here. |
We took a breast-feeding class:
| Jamie clearly paying loads of attention. |
And an infant care class: swaddling, feeding schedules, etc. It was the last of the handful of classes that we signed up for months ago and I was more than ready to be done with them. The hands on practice was helpful in some respects and I'm very glad to have completed the CPR refresher, but I was just done with the classes. Ask either of us to do impressions of the lady who taught the breast-feeding class that neither of us were mature enough for...oh dear!
| these dolls got creepier by the class. |
I kept my fingers crossed for Amy's safe arrival in New York for the summer. She's interning with UNICEF as part of the process of getting her Masters in Public Health at UCIrvine. It's been a fun couple of weeks for her to acclimate to the new city, her new place for the summer, and waiting for her research article to be published. Super proud of her taking this adventure and for, you know, being quoted in USAToday (amongst others):
| landed, moved in, and started her job! |
While I'm not one to post bare skin photos of myself, I kinda wanted to show you what it looks like when my belly starts protruding in an unbalanced manner. Most of the day it's just round and round and round, but when there's movement of any kind, I get lumps and look lopsided. Here, I'll keep the photo smaller:
| Can you see the lump on the right? WHAT IS THAT. |
A bluejay started to visit our balcony every morning.
| Don't know what to think of him. While I like his colors and gumption, he keeps tearing apart my herbs. |
This might have been the last week of wearing real shoes. I think I've worn flip flops everyday since the start of week 35. My feet weren't swollen per say, it was just becoming a little ridiculous to try to tie laces and I got tired of Jamie just staring and laughing at my struggle (all the while, offering to help, don't worry. he's only a little bit of a jerk - ha).
| I try to rock crazy pants ala friend, Jo Daly's kids. |
4 comments:
1. i love the crazy pants and your still super cute belly
2. jamie's covering of his privates in the pink plates and napkins is pretty awesome
3. i like the pink bach party theme altogether.
4. lumpy belly?! had no idea the belly could change shapes like that!
5. i'd be over those classes too, but i'm guessing they were at least semi helpful!? nah, you're a baby pro by now for sure with all the friends you know with kiddos....
6. i'd love to see jamie try and breast feed for reals... wait, um, no i don't... please - i need no photos of that!
7. i like the birdie who comes to say hi and maybe check and see if there is a baby yet... but it would be nice if the birdie didn't ruin your plants...
8. how is it almost baby time?!!? SO SO SO excited!!!
love the lopsided lump and the cray cray pants!
Kahterine = your comments are HILARIOUS. The classes were helpful! I can only control my internal laughter for so long, know what I mean?
Katie = thanks!
Post a Comment