3.11.2013

Week by Week: 20th

Week 20


Jamie spent two nights in the tallest building in Fargo, North Dakota, this week. He went over there for work and the night before his flight, I quickly scanned wikipedia for some fast back pocket Fargo facts:
  • The Radisson hotel is the tallest building in the city - 18 stories
  • Zero scenes in the movie "Fargo" were filmed in Fargo. In fact, the name of the city was only mentioned two times. 
  • It was originally named "Centralia," but renamed by the founder of Wells Fargo.

Brrrrr.
This has been the best week by far! Lowest levels of discomfort with only occasional tugging of the abdominal muscles (i have those?) and feelings of skin stretching, but while my organs are feeling pushed around, it's being gentle about making room in there. And yes, I'm dramatically aware of the fact that my organs aren't going to get along as well in the latter weeks, but let's just pretend that it's the first couple of days of a new Real World episode and that they'll be polite to each other for the duration of the show.  

Have had some fantastic catch-up sessions with people this week, including this highlight:
Woke up to a long phone convo with Piper that ended at her lunchtime. 
Mid-meal entertainment of fork-flute-playing. 
Got a super fun package from Jo & Hudson began what might be a long history of him playing with non-dog toys. 
Boom, Jamie, Colin.
Had a fantastic dinner at The Whale Wins.
Not in photo: Anne, Me, Sarah
Amy was attending a wedding in Portland and was somehow directed through Seattle to get back home to Orange County on Sunday (for non-west-coasters, that's Portland in Oregon and Orange County in Southern California). Worked out really well as we happened to be around, I was excited to see her just a few days before her bday, and she had just enough time in between flights to jump out to grab a coffee with us before going back through security.  We got to hear all about the fun wedding, she squealed to see my visible gut protrusion, we exchanged name ideas (to no avail), and as sisters do, we had an unplanned exchanged of baked goods.

Amy's mini b-day cake. Should have included something for scale - it was a 5" round.
She brought us a large box of Voodoo donuts.
p.s. kitchen in background with glass door of mini balcony #housetour
It was fantastic seeing her and I wish we lived closer to one another.
Forgot to take a photo together so this paparazzi one is the best you get. 
We had one full day of sunshine and "warmth" this week = game changer. People were out in droves, the city looks shiny & new, and it was a borderline mean tease of things not to come. According to some locals, summer doesn't hit here until the 5th of July and last year, they called the preceding month June-uary based on how cold it was. Ack! I started prematurely packing for 4 days away from Seattle next weekend and am excited to get these bones to somewhere officially warm; none of this 51-degrees-gets-everyone-outside-in-tank-tops thing. 

20 weeks + 6 days
Hey! Look who finally cleared the clutter in this room!
Have to say, not wanting to take another self-portrait amongst the madness was my one and only motivator.
So, thank you. 
Tomorrow = Start of Week 21

11 comments:

debi g said...

wow, 1/2 way already?! awesome bump! and dog toys = baby toys, baby toys = dog toys.

Ryan and Katie said...

love that belly! Wish I could pat it in person but I'll just pat the screen instead :)
(I'm a creeper I know)

tricia said...

you are so flippin' cute!

tricia said...

also, i am drooling looking at voodoo donuts site. i want to try: Dirty snowballs, a Old Dirty Bastard, a Memphis Mafia and a Lemon Chiffon crueller. what kinds did amy bring?

Amanda said...

ohhhhhh so many things I love about this post!
Voodoo donuts! (Never been but always wanted to go) Your adorable belly! Lunch with Virtual Piper! Cake! Super illegal photos taken in security! Sisters!

ps. did I say 'your belly'? Super super cute and man, did you grow this past week!

Unknown said...

half way already?! how'd that happen?! super cute belly pics and super cute dressing as always. hate you :)

how do you take pics of the facetime chats??? i got a butt dial or "i'm playing with the phone" dial by piper this week.... sadly no cute toddler was on the other end.

Leslie said...

Trish - she brought back a box for me/jamie and was taking another down to our parents. had to make sure we were the recipients of the C&B. she double checked. ha!

Leslie said...

+debi I had a feeling that's the way it was going to go. Builds immunity, right?

+katie My sister was the first one to touch it without asking. First and last, right? RIGHT?!

+amanda I feel like it popped out last week and it definitely doesn't feel ok when I try to suck it back in again like I used to be able to. And I was standing outside of security....still illegal? Hmmm, probably.

+katherine Why the hate?

Unknown said...

Cause you are so cute always and always dressed super cute even when you don't try... When I don't try... Well, I look like a slob! :) wish I had that ability!! And I'm lovin that pink belt around your belly bump!

lauren and brad said...

I am in complete agreement with amanda! SO MUCH TO LOVE ABOUT THIS POST!!!!! Love that you chat with pipes. love that your sis got to leave the airport with you for just enough time to give her neice/nephew some loving pats. (NOPE. can guarantee she won't be the last to do so uninvited. esp. if you see me before july!) you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I can't get over seeing you with a bump. it's enough to make me jump up and down. hmmmmm....what else...interesting facts about fargo of course. And I am so proud of you for clearing the clutter and for being honest about the motivation...the only time anything gets done in this house is when someone else might see it. :) Thank you so much for sharing your journey...so many of us are enjoying the ride! xoxoxoxoxo

Joyful Girl said...

Ohmygoodness!! So I just read ALL the week-by-week catch-ups and now I'm caught up and how freakin' adorable are YOU?!?!? I super-love your bump, and am sorry to hear that my hairy boyfriend got bitten :(
I love, love, love that you blogged it all and I get to know and see how you guys are doing. Super-happy and excited for you! You two are going to be the best, craziest, most creative, FUN parents ever!! Much love from Vermont... where it is still snowing off and on (boo.)