6.20.2011

I went-went back-back to Cali-Cali (part 5 aka finale).

Ninth stop = Tara's cute, self-remodeled home in Sacramento
I took zero photos of her house because:
I'm a bad friend and healing from aforementioned eye blisters.

RAWR.  Drink nazi comes out!
St.Patrick's Day in Chicago in 2007
One of my fave pics of Tara....ever.
(she usually asks me to take it down)

Amy was Tara's date to my wedding (5/2/10) and...

I was Tara's date to Becca's!

She has a thing for the Kasahara sisters. :)
I was v.pleased to be able to spend some quality one-on-one time with my another one of my old roommates. Luckily, Tara lives in an old neighborhood of mine in midtown sacramento and she took me on a lovely biking tour of the hot, new spots! The weather was divine, the company terrific, and I even got to look at the two places Devon and I lived.
Big, Yellow House:
absolutely zero upkeep since we moved out. 
the front porch was saggy when we lived there years ago and has not been touched.
but i still love it.


We moved into a big, yellow house in Sacramento and sent out "New Address" postcards. Our high school English teachers (a couple) returned it with a HUGE house plant and a super sweet "congratulations on your new home together" card. We hypothesized the card must have led them to believe we went lesbian.
Second home with poop paint:
When we moved into this place, almost all the walls were faux-finished with what looked like torn off pieces of paper bags and piles of poop. It was so.sick. We repainted it, got in a big fight with the landlord when she sent her handyman to spy in our windows, and Patrick came to the rescue (moving, cleaning, etc) when I abandoned the place for my new job in SF. 
No matter how many bike rides I go on,
the Wicked Witch theme song is my mental background song.
The next morning, I boarded a plane back to New Hampshire, my husband, and little dog. Even with the three stop flight, I was excited to finally be going back home. :)

6 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

don't know what I love more, the yellow house, the fact that you sent your English teacher "new address" postcards, or that she thought you and Devon were lebanese.

Unknown said...

i love the yellow house and i remember that postcard!! wonder if i still have it...

love that picture of tara too. i can see why she wouldn't like it, b/c i might be the same way - but from an outsider's perspective, i think it is a super cute pic!

tricia said...

hysterically laughing from this post. love.

tricia said...

YES, I can post again! So happy!

devon lorraine ... said...

MEMORY LANE!

despite the popular stereotypes of sacramento, i always really liked midtown. i think it defies the preconceived notions. the big trees, shaded streets, riding bikes, pedestrians, turn of the century homes next to more modern remodels, shops and restaurants.

and of course ... the proximity to SF, NAPA/SONOMA, and TAHOE! in just over an hour, you are out of your car either at the ferry building, a tasting room, or in line for your lift ticket.

i loved the pics tara showed us of her handiwork, her home is gorgie. oh, and i love tara.

devon lorraine ... said...

and i miss my lebanese roommate too!