Hudson and I were hanging out with a friend and her dog yesterday. Hudson was off leash and teasing the heck out of poor, patient Carter (who was on leash). My little dog thwacked the boxer one too many times and Carter just took off after him, dragging my friend behind. He took a sudden turn and when she realized I was about to be clothes-lined by the leash, my friend screamed and quickly let go of her end.
But it got me anyway:
Oh, it burns so bad.
My right thigh has a weird goose egg on it from the plastic handle of the leash flying into me. The abrasion is right in the crease of my knee and every time I bend my leg or accidentally touch it to the edge of a chair, I whimper like a little girl. Who knew I had so many nerve endings there?? Can't even tell you about the blood-curdling screams that came out of the shower that night.
What's that? You want to look a closer look?
It's oozing!
And because that's just SO disgusting, here's the view I had while this was all going down:
Taken on my camera phone.
See the pockets of leaves changing??
13 comments:
OUCH!
Ooh la la...check out those legs!
That is so sad! I love your shower curtain though! :) Silver lining...
and the trees! those pretty, pretty trees!
so, if i come visit in say, 3 weeks, the foliage should be peak, yeah?
i've nicked myself shaving in that same area before, and it HURTS! i hope you heal quickly!
Yikes!! That beats when Cole made me trip and tear a toenail off.
as i said to you in an email: OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
but on another note: omg, the leaves are looking gorgeous!!!
this needed a disclaimer! ew and ouch.
but pretty trees! they are just starting to turn down here too. are you going to go apple picking while in NH? you should.
apple picking ... woah, totally reminds me of when i was dating someone in vermont!
ouchiepalooza, there's a lotta ooze-uh. i got a leash burn once in almost the same spot from jenny! it will feel better soon! i bet you're putting aquaphor on it!
seriously! too distracted by your hot legs to even notice the burn. but now that i do it looks super painful :(
yowzers that looks super painful
but your legs look super hot :)
no, no, no!
my legs = not hot!
burnt, yes. burnt by friction.
yeowza. That looks painful! Good colour coordination of sweater + shower curtain though. Way to make an injury photo look so good :) The trees are gorgeous though, I hope it helps to ease your pain.
Post a Comment