I have been a Mrs. for a full month.
-markbrooke.com
-markbrooke.com
As I mentioned in my last post, I came home to so many photos and memories and stories, I really didn't even know where to begin. In accordance to the feedback received, however, I will start with the events surrounding our wedding!
-markbrooke.com
The weekend was in all senses...perfect...and we can't stop thinking or talking about it. Kind of strange because "perfect" wasn't what we were striving for and wasn't something we thought we'd even want, but perfect is exactly what we got. It was invigorating, uplifting, full of hope for our future, and plain exhilarating. We were surrounded by crazy family and friends who were subject to sudden floods of tears; they were all so happy for us! I had this maniacal giggle in reaction to some criers (ahem, my sister) and sometimes, I plain couldn't see straight...so many tears of joy.
Everyone told us to take time to absorb it all because it would go by so quickly. My Type A personality was determined to take the advice and beat the system! We made sure to stop several times during the day to sit back and love our surroundings, our people, and each other.

Those girls were right by my side while I had one "sobbing moment" when my determination to walk myself down the aisle was misinterpreted as a defiant moment against my father. I'll address this in a later post. It was a 30 minute cry, followed by a 30 minute nap, and all was fine. What you need to know for now is that it was not meant to be disrespectful and despite it all, it feels good to have stuck to my original plans. And I prefer to call it a "sobbing moment" as I'd like to stay away from words like "breakdown", etc. keeping it real here, folks. :)
-markbrooke.com
We were go-go-go all weekend long and as I hear from others, Jamie and I were in constant grins. My mom pulled me aside to tell me that I looked really happy. If at all possible, that exchange with her made my heart pitter-patter with even more happiness.
-markbrooke.com
Although I'm not sure the etiquette books recommend it, our parents met for the first time at the rehearsal and it went better than we could have imagined. I'm so thankful for everyone that helped create a welcoming and loving environment for folks to get acquainted. It was jovial, non-stressful, and surprisingly easy for them to get along. In fact, my parents will be joining Jamie's dad, stepmom, aunt, and uncle at the Hollywood Bowl for a summer concert under the stars...craziness!
(l-r) jamie's mom, his stepdad, my dad, my mom, jamie's stepmom, jamie's dad.
- photo from amanda
My girls were each take-charge and incredible. They flew around our hotel suite, accomplishing things I'd guess an army brigade to have difficulty managing (no disrespect to the army...on memorial day?...sheesh, les). They used the phrase, "it's for the bride" to get things like highlighters, ice, bellboy assistance, and even a full roll of tape right off of someone's workdesk. I had no idea how much we would depend on that swarm of beautiful women the night before the wedding, but as Jamie snoozed off a morning golf tournament (more on this later), I kept walking around in a delightful daze. Just marveling in how many hands were jumping in and asking to provide assistance. Their generosity floored me.
-markbrooke.com
photo from marissa
Walking into the ceremony, I tried to take my sweet time....trying to look at each person and make eye contact with all of our loved ones. Huge smiles! Lots of cameras flashing! A few waves! I knew everyone there! As I was looking at everyone, I wished that I had tucked a little camera into my bouquet to capture my perspective....don't know if the bridesmaids would have allowed that, but I wish I had tried.
Jamie met me halfway and we walked together to the "altar". I remember feeling so giggly and thinking he looked so handsome and calm. I thought to myself, "how the heck are you so CALM??" But then I saw a little lip tremble and tears in his eyes and if it weren't for his steadying arm, I might have crumbled a little.
-markbrooke.com
It's been thirty days since Jamie and I got married and already I feel like we're going to have an AWESOME marriage. The love and support our friends and families doled out to us that weekend made me feel so strong and invincible. Scratch that. I KNOW we're going to have an awesome marriage.
Thanks for signing up to grow old with me, Jamie.









9 comments:
okay. now i'm crying. that was super super sweet. i love love love the picture of you and jamie with the whole wedding party. can't wait for more!
those are fabulous pics. You look amazing and so totally happy. Bring on more photos!
Yes! Tears in eyes at 6:53 a.m. Great photos. Yay again!
I love this! I loved getting to witness ALL THAT JOY! It was a sight to behold. So happy that you have this blog so I can hear your thoughts. I LOVE YOU MRS. KANTER!
Yay for being able to see the photos! i look forward to growing old with you guys! yippee.
Beautiful photos, beautiful dress, beautiful day! Congrats again!
omg!love this post!!! thank you for helping remind me that there is truly a beautiful thing like love and all the bad dates are worth the effort to keep looking!!! i definitely need that right about now... so keep that giddiness alive and i'm so glad you loved every moment of your wedding. you look gorgeous and you have some beautiful photos!! can't wait for more.
geesh. between this post and devon's, i am a crying fool today.
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Leslie, your photos are beautiful! BEAUTIFUL. You guys really do look so happy. Congratulations to the both of you.
Sara Gibson
Post a Comment