This little trip-cation I'm on has proven to deter the wedding planning process (aren't we supposed to be counting down days at this point??), but don't worry, I'm still brainstorming and researching and mulling over ideas, plans, timelines, etc. Nothing to put on paper quite yet, but there are a million points of consideration buzzing around in this little head of mine and I can't wait to solidify more plans.
I have a bunch of voicemails to return, pricelists to consider, a dress to ship from Chicago, and djs to interview (huh? really? is that what you're supposed to do?), but the whole process has been super painless so far! Formal invitations are in draft form and I'm taking plenty of time to play around with format and ideas. The goal is to keep everything as handmade and eco-friendly as possible (recycled paper!); mostly because it's fun, but secondarily because of social responsibility...doesn't it sound so wrong for it to be a secondary goal? :)
It was brought to my attention this week that our wedding website was not communicated as clearly as we had intended on the save-the-date cards, so I think I'm going to publish it here for folks to take note of (see end of this post). I'm going back and forth on this one because I feel like there is a certain "danger" in discussing wedding stuff here. While we would be so super happy to be able to invite just about everyone we've ever met, the driving force behind getting married on a Sunday has proven to also affect our guest list....I'm sure I don't have to tell ya'll...this stuff gets pricey, man! I'm hoping that readers of this blog understand that and will be able to enjoy some of the details here even if not in attendance.
How's that sound?
------------and now for some wedding-related info----------------
One of the first decisions we were able to make, post-location, was about our photographer. Because of our interactions with them and their studio, it was a slam-dunk for us. Here, I'll take you through our thought process! Walk to the front of their studio-home with me.....
Knock-knock!
Cute new development area in southern california.
They opened the door and I was blown over by this bubblingly cute couple who had amazing energy right off the bat and they hugged us! LOVE HUGS!! They're so super cute.
And then I saw their living room....
Sold.
Anthropologie-inspired, the colors were bold and happy; decor mish-mashed, but purposeful.
I was in love.
Jamie just started laughing once we stepped foot in the place.
He knew I was smitten.
He knew I was smitten.
Somehow, these people managed to know exactly what I've ever wanted in a living room and we felt completely at home with them. It's like they climbed inside my brain, understood the mumbo-jumbo in there, and created a room I wouldn't change at.all. We sat in this room, watched their portfolio on the flat-screen tv, and cracked up at Jeffrey for a solid while...that'd be their awesome dog who kept attacking a rogue fly with Hudson-like vigor. They sat in horror and disgust, but I wouldn't let them do anything about it because she was so cute!
I'm pretty excited to see what they'll be able to do with Jamie and I as their subjects. We've tentatively decided to use our included engagement session (where they take photos of you well before wedding in street clothes) for a post-wedding session. Most people send out a photo from their engagement session as their save-the-dates or to put in the local paper, but since we're not going that direction, we figured it might be kind of fun to have some post-wedding and post-honeymoon shots.
Oh, and I almost forgot. Take a look at our wedding site here: www.torahgami.com
4 comments:
i'm so excited for your photographer!!
oh my goodness, i want to live in that house!!! love love. cant wait to see how awesome your wedding photos will be. i hope you guys are having a great whirlwind trip!
I want that house!! And I love your wedding website. I read everything on every link :) You guys are having so much fun with it and I like that. No stress, just fun!
that house is adorable!!! I love it! Those are pretty much the colours I have picked for the new condo. So cute! Your photos are going to be beautiful.
BTW your website cracks me up, it is so YOU. So non-stress. So perfect. I'm glad you sent the link b/c my save the date was a fortunate in person kind :)
Post a Comment