What are your plans to countdown the first decade of the 2000s?

On the second to last night of 2009, Jamie turned to me and asked if I wanted to watch the Terminator movie I requested from Netflix. I'm.SO.sure! I can totally remember that conversation:
"Please, can I please fill two whole hours of my life with scenes of explosions and death and mutilation and...let's see, what else? Oh yes, ROBOTS! You MUST add in some robots, puh-leeeeaase! I'm desperate to see yet ANOTHER robot vs human movie when we have 4 seasons of How I Met Your Mother to catch up on. You just try to stop me as I run, I say RUN, to the computer and reshuffle our queue so that I can get that in our home as quickly as possible! What? This is a continuation of a stupid story I never really cared about in the first place? Awesome!! Order me some Terminator stat."
Wait.a.second. Nobody interrupted my sarcastic rampage to tell me that the guy from Newsies was in this flick*!! Now, that's a horse of a different color.
Oh......Christian Bale. If only you could break out in a little song and dance number right about now. Take down that robot with a fling of your 1899 newspaper strike hat and dance around the ruins like the olde tyme streets of New York. Ahhh....that'd be terrific.
Speaking of the most awesome movie ever, did you know that the director of Newsies also did some episodes of Gilmore Girls and High School Musical 2/3? That's High School Musical 2 and High School Musical 3, not High School Musical Two-Thirds. AND he choreographed Ferris Beuller and Dirty Dancing AND the Let's Get Physical music video?? This guy kinda rocks, huh?
Now, I must return to this glorious movie I've been dying to see. Can't wait to see how it all ends.
------------------
------------------
*who is, at this very moment, being attacked by a robot torso with red eyes. not a full robot, just the torso. can you imagine that pitch meeting? "boss, i think it'd be a good idea if we artificially removed the robot's legs, but had it remain relatively functioning.....only to be taken down by a few bullets. yup, the robot could totally survive a double leg amputation without issue, boss. it's the bullets it just can't take. no, boss, i think it makes sense."
2 comments:
i have no comment. haven't seen any of the movies. but i wanted you to have a comment because the post made me smile.
It will be great to watch Dirty Dancing, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Dirty_Dancing-tickets looking forward to it.
Post a Comment