- planning, scheming, emailing
- navigating flight patterns from 4 separate areas of north america and monitoring rental cars
- hiding "truths" from loved ones....let's call it what it is, FLAT OUT LYING
- and decoy blog posting.
......culminated in the BEST.SURPRISE.AMBUSH.EVER. Thank you so much to everyone who helped us throw off the scent on this blog, on facebook, and especially to those who had to "lie" directly to someone's face (our first email to each other was on 12/23/08). You helped us pull off an incredible weekend of fun times in Oklahoma.
Don't mind my cry-face.
I was sososo sad to leave my pretty friend.
As I have just walked in the door from the airport, I'm having difficulty formulating words on how moved I was to spend the weekend with some of my ultimate favorite people in the world.
yay!
I should probably head straight to bed to sleep on it; dream about moving Jamie and Hudson to the beautiful state and try to formulate some language on how to describe our trip. Simply Wonderful are the only ones that come to mind in my sleepiness.
In the meantime, Lauren and Brad Schatzel, we have one last surprise for you:
Look who we hung out with!!!
Keep looking.....
Your MOM and DAD.
Papa and Gaga with their favorite Cayuga girls at the airport.
Gotta hit the hay. xo.
13 comments:
Amanda: Hahaha, Doesn't that man look kind of like Lauren's dad?
Leslie: Hmm. That one? Noooo.....wait. Mark? MARK! MARK! MARKMARKMARKMARKPHELPS!!!! OMG, MARK PHELPS!! LAUREN'S DAD!!!!
And the man turned around.
They were returning back to Oklahoma from a Vegas weekend, happened to walk right in front of where we were sitting, and had NO idea what the heck we were doing in their airport. Ahhhh, good times.
so funny!!!!
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg omg!
wow!!!! what a fantastic way to end the weekend!!!!!!
awww i almost started crying seeing your teary face and reading your moving words. beautiful. truly beautiful.
OMG! I am so happy that you are in my life. You inspire me in so many ways. I love this one because it reminds me that friends are worth BIG gestures and everything else in life can wait. You are amazing and I love, love, love that Darren met Brook and Brook met Jaime and Jaime met you and now we are connected!
Kerensa, you forgot the part where you met Darren and then I met you!! Those have to be the highlights, right? We're the coolest part of that story. :) And yes, friends are totally worth fun gestures. They're what makes the world go 'round.
no...it is not a small world. it is Oklahoma. where you see EVERYBODY you know. - lane (lo's sis)
les-
this post is too sweet and made me cry. all of the posts about "THE MOST AMAZING SURPRISE EVER" have made me cry. you guys are the greatest friends and the sneakiest sneaks i know.
xoxoxo
so beautiful and I like that you are only friends with photogenic people.
Shut up. JUST SHUT UP. I couldn't believe this when I saw it.
I am guilty. I did check this on Thursday...but I was dealing with Des and couldn't comment. I was SHOCKED. And then I was talking to my mom right after and she was all, "PLEASE tell me you have read Leslie's blog." And I was all,"Oh mom! Yes! How crazy! You saw them! So cool! So crazy!" And she said, "THANK GOD! It's been killing me! What took you so long to see it? I promised her I wouldn't tell you and it's been 4 DAYS!" Then she proceded to call me really mean names. :) She ADORES you girls. Thanks for making their week/month/year too! :)
P.S. I even stayed the night with them and ma kept telling me to go check blogs and I didn't! And then we were talking about your wedding and she said she slipped and totally said the date and I didn't even notice that she knew the date before I told her...how dense AM I? :)
WHY do I get poor, innocent bystanders to jump into my schemes and lie to those they love? SO EVIL. Poor Judes!! I think it hilarious that they didn't tell you that whole time you were there!! And that she kept telling you to go check blogs! AND that it seemed so normal to you that she would know when Jamie and I were getting married. Then again, it seemed normal to you that Katie would be able to tell whose voice was narrating the crazy video.
Not dense necessarily...just...well...
You make for a perfect person to surprise, let's just leave it at that. :)
just remember, it's Lauren we're talking about :)
"look, a shiny object!"
SO hilarious running into them in the airport. I think your dad had serious vegas induced lack of sleepitis - his reaction was pretty funny. I swear, you DO see everyone you know in Oklahoma. I heart oklahoma.
Post a Comment