1.30.2009

Things I have done in the last couple of weeks.

  1. Watched way too many episodes of Jon+Kate Plus 8.
  2. Read Multiple Bles8ings and have never wanted more children in my life. Is that an abnormal reaction to reading that story? Haven't really had the energy to read anything other than texts on my phone.
  3. Broke in a new pillow. Realized that earplugs might be a smart investment. Note to self, add them to care packages for those in bed.
  4. Discovered that Mott's Natural applesauce is something I want to eat even when I'm not sick. And that I hate pedialyte. Gross, gross, gross.
  5. Realized that the Biggest Loser is probably the best show on television right now. Second best, only to Jon + Kate. Much more into happy shows these days.
  6. Snuggled with dog. A ton. Like most other animals, he think he figured out that once in awhile, I needed a soft dog head on my belly or knee or face (the latter being when he became impatient of non-park time and was just trying to mess with me).
  7. Created the most awesome towel-nest in the bathroom. Aka, a spot on the (hopefully clean) tile where some towels prevented bruising on the hip bone or spine, others were thrown over my shoulders through the chills, all while alternating the left or right side of my face on the cool comfort of the floor. LOVE that I don't have to be there anymore.

10 comments:

debi g said...

you poor thing! glad to hear it was not anything too serious. take better care of yourself! (easier to give that advice than take it)

i adore john & kate + 8 (their PA accents are almost as funny as the kids) and the biggest loser, i should watch it while i work out but i watch it while catching up on friend's blogs.

so glad you had hudson (and i assume jamie) to take care of you!

devon lorraine ... said...

les, i just called you today b/c i hadn't heard from you in a while, and then i come home and read THIS!!!

i should call sooner from now on!

v. glad you're ok and doing better.

so ... you want LOTS of kids?

and debi, i LOVE the biggest loser. sometimes i watch it while i eat cookies. that's bad, huh?

Simon and Molly said...

Oh Leslie, I am so sorry to hear of this. There is nothing worse than being sick. I am glad to hear that you are on the mend.

I will have to use the towel method in the futre.

Jo said...

this. sounds. AWFUL!!!! glad you are on the mend. 2 weeks though??? that is some gnarly bacteria you had floating around your little body!

Ryan and Katie said...

yuck! I'm so sorry. Hope you're up and at em soon!

The Mitchells said...

i am sorry to hear that you were so sick! you poor thing. i am very happy to hear that you are better now.

my two favorite shows are jon & kate plus 8 and biggest loser! you have great TV taste.

you should start having your "lots of kids" soon. being a mommy is so much fun!

trish said...

your towel nest made me laugh :) i know what you mean though, bathroom floors can be a killer on one's body parts.

i hope you are almost at 100%!!

Maria said...

I hope you are feeling better! I am addicted to Biggest Loser this season! I can't get enough!

Amanda said...

blech, that sounded absolutly horrible. Glad to hear you're on the mend and managed to get some serious reading and relaxation in while you were under the weather. I love John and Kate +8 and adore their new house that they moved into on tonight's episode. If you want 8, maybe you should start soon? By the time you're on your set of 6, the rest of us can also catch up!

Unknown said...

the towel nest and the cool floor... i know how that goes... but not bc i was sick from a bug... i love biggest lose too. i tend to watch it and eat my dinner and feel better about myself... is that bad?!