6.10.2008

Alooooha.

A secondary explanation for my low post volume is that I've been super busy prepping for and going through the interview process for two separate job opportunities with my current company. Isn't it so hard when you're restricted from telling everyone what you're doing?

Job One: v.competitive with v.few people getting through as an internal candidate and certainly v.few with as little experience as I have specific to this job. in fact, the other 4 people that got through the first step are external and have specific experience and connections with the particular type of accounts. HUGE territory of the entire northern half of California (i only have SF proper right now, which is 7 miles x 7 miles). Lots of time in the Sacramento and Central Valley with v.difficult access to customers.
There was a high amount of research I did to show I was as qualified as they come. Hours on the 'net looking at the product, studying the disease, and more hours of phone calls to those already in the job. But I got through the first interview with two people on 5/21 and was totally pumped. Have a 1/2 day scheduled for the day after tomorrow!
Job Two: also v.competitive, only looking at internal candidates. product has a limited indication. people don't typically go through their insurance for this product which is highly appealing in this day and age of increasingly constricting managed care plans. HUGE territory again. Again, more research and more studying to understand the position.
I received a call the day after Memorial Day to come in on Wednesday for the first interview. It went well and I moved onto the next level the very next day. But after that one, I had NO idea how that went. Some people are super hard to read, don't you think? They told me that they'd know by last Monday and I've been on pins and needles since! Turns out, they weren't able to make a decision until yesterday...sheesh.

But, guess what?? I totally got it.

Yay for new job! And the best part?? Dudes, I totally have HAWAII as part of my territory. My new manager says she wants me to go out there "at LEAST every other month" - ok!
I'll have to think about how I'm going to cancel job one, but as soon as I make that phone call, I'm going to pick up a bottle of self-tanner to congratulate myself.

15 comments:

Josh said...

Congrats Leslie! You are AWESOME! What are the details of your job? I totally currious and excited for you. Thank you for the nice email your sent Maria and I. We are down to the crazy times here. Well we will keep in touch.

devon lorraine ... said...

well THAT'S why i was going to call you --- i didn't want to put the reason why in my last comment, just in case, but duh of course you would totally get it! huge congratulations!!

Suburban Monkey said...

Hawaii!!! Every other month! So do you need to hire a personal assistant…cause I’m totally available!
lol!

debi g said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!yayayayay. i am jealous... hawaii...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Of course they would hire you...who wouldn't? i'm curious to find out if it's the job you told me about. I was kind of pulling for the other job so you would be forced to hang out in Sac more but, selfishness aside, I'm sooo proud of you!!

Sarah said...

like we're supposed to be surprised everyone wants you???

congrats! you know need assistants to travel to hawaii with you. i will volunteer out of the goodness of my heart.

Amanda said...

oh YAY that is so exciting!!! I'm very happy for you, there's nothing better than getting that job offer you were rooting for. And sorry but HAWAII?! All i have to say is sacramento, shmacramento. You totally got the best deal out there, enjoy!

trish said...

oh my GOSH!! les! so excited for you! congrats :) you just let me know when you want to take an extended stay in hawaii and i'll be there :)

Simon and Molly said...

Awesome! So many congrats! Of course you would get it. You kick butt!

lizcannon said...

CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is awesome news. I think you should plan a Devon bachelorette party reunion for your time in Hawaii...

Ryan and Katie said...

Wow! That's awesome! Maybe I should look into traveling children's ministry positions. I'm sure there's lots of children in Hawaii who need Jesus :)

courtney said...

that sounds so perfect.

um, what exactly do you do - or at least, what can you tell us?

Leslie said...

oh sorry, court! I'll be selling Sculptra for sanofi-aventis (company that makes Plavix, AmbienCR, Allegra, etc). It's an injectable filler that board-certified plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and facial plastic physicians use for the face. I guess I used to be a pharmaceutical representative and now this is considered medical device sales? Something like that. Does that work?

Unknown said...

congratulations!!!!! that sounds so amazing!!! i am so happy for you!!! i can't believe you get hawaii... you lucky lucky girl.