In true spirit of keeping everything in Vegas, none of my people pictures turned out. Whoops!
Don't worry, nothing that scandalous and mostly folks you guys don't know at all (I didn't even know them, for that matter!). Just a bunch of mediumly warm weather*, a week of conventions and networking, learning more about diabetes and the eldery, and plenty 'o sleeping in for 2 mornings. I'm really not much of a gambler, so I played with $20 and walked away when I was up a penny (woohoo). Instead, I prefer to use the dollars and be guaranteed a solid return...like a pair of shoes and a purse!
Don't worry, nothing that scandalous and mostly folks you guys don't know at all (I didn't even know them, for that matter!). Just a bunch of mediumly warm weather*, a week of conventions and networking, learning more about diabetes and the eldery, and plenty 'o sleeping in for 2 mornings. I'm really not much of a gambler, so I played with $20 and walked away when I was up a penny (woohoo). Instead, I prefer to use the dollars and be guaranteed a solid return...like a pair of shoes and a purse!
On another note, do you guys like Bobby Flay? Me...not so much. I don't like his squidgey face and his man boobs and his annoying smirk. I know, going straight to h--- for being so rude and mean to someone I don't even know. Like it's ok for me to be rude and mean to someone i DO know? The FoodNetwork's Throwdown w/ Booby Flay, however, has completely turned around my opinion of the man. And yes, I like to call him Booby Flay...or man-booby-flay. Hee hee.
Anyway, because of this show, I insisted that we stop for lunch at Mesa Grill in Ceasar's Palace and oh boy, was it worth it!
Anyway, because of this show, I insisted that we stop for lunch at Mesa Grill in Ceasar's Palace and oh boy, was it worth it!
Spicy Chicken + Sweet Potato Hash
Poached Eggs + Green Chile Hollandaise
sweet/spicy pieces of white chicken combined with tender cubes of grilled sweet potato and corn. soft poached eggs atop each pile and lightly drizzled with green chile hollandaise.
Yucatan Chicken Tacos
Grilled Red Onion + Peanut-Smoked Chile Barbeque Sauce
it was make-your-own which tends to be too much work for me,
but man. once assembled?? yum.
*it was mid-80s in Vegas while SF hit a record high of 97. wtf? now it's all of 63 and foggy. grumpy-making, dudes!
5 comments:
i don't like many of the food network chefs. i'd rather read my friend's blogs and find fun cooking ideas.
love the shoes!
mmmmmmmmmmmm...that food looks scrumptious. i want it right now.
yum yum! funny you wrote about bobby flay, watching throwdown right now. not a huge fan of his, i like tyler florence better :) but happen to be addicted to throwdown!
Glad you had fun in Vegas...Bobby is ok sometimes but he can get on my nerves. Glad the restaurant was good!
hehe...Booby Flay....love it. I too am not a huge fan of his, although this lunch you had of his looks downright scrumptious!!! My list of Vegas restaurants to hit up is also massive, since many of the top NY and Paris chefs have opened restaurants in Vegas...way more accessible that way, but I wonder if they're good.
However, if Booby-Bobby Flay decided to make me BBQ someday, I'd take him up on his offer.
ps. love the shoes!!
Post a Comment