I was so excited about Amanda's bedtime snack post so I ran out yesterday after work to Trader Joe's to see about obtaining some figs + honey+ cheese. Didn't get around to making the recipe last night (lazily cut up some dried peaches and greenbeans in our salads instead), but just sat down to my computer to read the recipe again.
DAMMIT!! Blue cheese?? What, Seriously?? Anyone care to recall Amanda's sir name*?? Ya, that's right. I bought GOAT cheese. Oh and DAMMIT. I didn't even need the honey.
~Update: was it really 1/4c of sugar to 1/2tbp of water? that didn't seem to work for me, but i just added more water & it turned out deliciously.
DAMMIT!! Blue cheese?? What, Seriously?? Anyone care to recall Amanda's sir name*?? Ya, that's right. I bought GOAT cheese. Oh and DAMMIT. I didn't even need the honey.
~Update: was it really 1/4c of sugar to 1/2tbp of water? that didn't seem to work for me, but i just added more water & it turned out deliciously.
Mine: Romaine hearts + shredded carrots + chopped green beans + the fig magic stuff + little bits of lowfat goat cheese.*I think all readers know amanda, but it's goats. hilarious to me. can't stop laughing.
Jamie: First 3 same + chopped apples + drizzle of yuzu honey + little bits of lowfat goat cheese.
4 comments:
ahahahaha you nut! Thanks for the good laugh!!!
Blue cheese goes well w/ figs and honey because it's strong and sharp, contrasting well with the sweet mildness of figs. (blue cheese also excellent w/ pears and walnuts).
So goat cheese eh - well, if you have any strawberries kickin' around, goat cheese, strawberries and a drizzle of balsamic is also excellent. (Or hey, try the goat cheese, figs and balsamic. I bet that would be delish!!!)
let me know how it turns out :)
i am waiting for ben to out and get us breakfast (moving in 2 days i can't find anything in the fridge to eat)... all the talk of these great food combinations is making my stomach growl! yum and thanks for the ideas!
hahaha that is hilarious! do you go out and buy jello when you think of me? :)
all these foods sound amazing, recipe or not. i am not a recipe person; love to deviate!
Post a Comment